Seville Sequence of Assassin’s Creed
Providing lighting setups and workflows for shading, managing and rendering all shots in sequence.
- Created Initial lighting setups for key shots in sequence that informed the look (lighting-wise) across the different sections of the environments features in the sequence.
- Created master look development for most of the elements in the sequence. Including City Houses, Market elements, feature buildings such as bell towers, mosques, etc.
- Supervised all other look development for sequence
- Developed look development for main city houses maintaining a look that could be used with our point cloud implementation of the city or with our shading variable setup for Clarisse.
- Developed procedural crowd shading for city crowds.
Hero Digidouble Lookdev: Aguilar, Maria (Assassins) and Ojeda (villain)
- Full look development of body and costumes for main hero digi-doubles except for groom.
- After first RGB textures were generated for Aguilar (Michael Fassbender) and its costume, all other subsequent auxiliary maps like Specular, Specular Roughness and Bump/Displacement were generated in Clarisse as a mode of TexDev. These were then provided to the texture artist to upres and hand paint with correct values allowing for minimal tweaks once re-supplied back to lookdev.
Shading Variable Tool Development in Clarisse, plus miscellaneous Clarisse Scripts.
- Developed Shading Variable tool in Clarisse to allow artists to quickly add/modify shading variables to geometry. By creating their own or using existing presets.
- Developed Various Shading Variable scripts to aid in the workflow designed during the project. Examples include transferring city shading variables from scenes or applying shading variables based on presets to a large number of assets based on specific rules.
Clarisse Lead, providing training to show artists.:
- Trained show artists in workflows, and setups for sequence inside of Clarisse.
- Provided support for crew resolving and reporting bugs to the RND team.